Current infatuation: The Crown Prince of Dubai
Lately I've been obsessing over the Prince of Dubai. Yes, I know – it’s completely random but for the past 2 weeks, I've been finding myself more and more intrigued by the Prince. Ever since he had been brought to my attention (from Dan no less) I've been scouring the Internet for as much information about him as possible. Here’s what I know: 1. He’s gorgeous. His skin and eyelashes are perfection.
2. He loves extreme sports. This includes: hunting, jet packing, scuba diving, falconry, diving with elephants, the list (and pics) could go ON AND ON
3. He’s a competitive horseback rider, winning a TON of medals including a GOLD medal in the Olympics!! And by Olympics… I mean Asian Olympics, but STILL.
4. He travels with an entourage…
5. Including his “Uncle Saeed” who are in a LOT of pics with him. Sometimes Uncle Saeed looks sinister…
Other times he looks like a goofball.
6. His dad is the prime minister of the United Arab Emirates and Monarch of Dubai. His dad also “officially” has two wives. His senior wife is the Crown Prince’s mother, who bore him 12 children including the hot prince. She’s also his first cousin. There’s not many pictures of her on the Internet. His most recent “modern” wife is Princess Haya, who is the daughter of the former King of Jordan. There’s tons of pics with him and her. I can write another blog article about all the things I’ve uncovered on Dubai royalty and lineage for another post!
7. He writes poetry under the name “Fazza” which is also the name of his Instagram handler – and yes, of course I’m following him on Instagram and have scoured through all the pics he’s posted so far. As of this morning, his Instagram has informed me that he's sightseeing in Norway at the moment.
8. He likes children. There’s a lot of Instagram pics of him with his “nieces” and “nephews.” Not going to lie, they’re pretty adorable.
9. He is FILTHY RICH, and I mean FILTHY! I'm talking billions and billions rich! He first came to attention in the Canada press when it was reported that he purchased $55 million dollars of real estate in Vancouver several years ago. He purchased a penthouse in the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel for a cool $25 million… and then purchased 2 sub pent house divisions below it, which upped the ante to the total of $55 million.
10. He went to Sandhurst (where Prince Harry went) and London School of Economics.
11. He's pretty young for a billionaire Prince, he's only 31.
12. He kinda reminds me of Aladdin. And I'm not going to lie, I think Aladdin is pretty hot for a cartoon.
Since I've spent so much time “researching” *cough* looking at pictures *cough* of the Prince, I was starting to build some pretty ridiculous fantasies about how amazing it would be to marry this hottie. See list below!
MONEY WOULD BE NO OBJECT
Your VACATION spot in Vancouver would be a $25 million dollar penthouse.
TRAVEL ANYWHERE in a baller jet. Emphasis is on baller! You could fly around the world in a personal jet whenever you wanted. Oh what? Paris tomorrow? Sure! Then visit your folks in Hamilton, Ontario? Right, sure thing babe, lets hop in that jet of ours!*That’s the exact dialogue I would have with the Prince*
He’s HOT and young
You would hob nob with royalty – HELLO – he went to school with Prince Harry! They’re probably old chums who dial each other up to be like “oh are you going to the Kentucky Derby?? You ARE?? OK well I guess I shall see you there! I’ll save you a GOLD seat next to me”
Once again, I repeat MONEY WOULD BE NO OBJECT. For me, this would mean buying a lot of clothes and shoes.
Then reality set in, and after more research about Dubai royalty and also Islamic tradition, here are other things that I failed to consider. This is where I introduce the other side of the coin.
Must convert to Islam and observe strict Islamic rules, that I believe include:
Your husband can have multiple wives
Your husband rules your life and tells you what to do because you’re his property
You can’t interact with men outside of your family
Not going to lie, the above bullets that come with converting to Islam are kinda doozies. Tough pill to swallow with the above implications.
I would lose my identity and independence – everything would revolve around the Prince. He’s the person who matters, you’re his eye candy… and likely disposable!
My children – they likely would have no independence as well. They would have to abide by the strict customs and rules of Dubai high society, which I’ pretty sure means they can’t choose who they would marry. It would likely already be decided for them… and there’s a strong likelihood that it would have to be their cousins! *gross*
He may or may not be a bisexual who has a drug problem. See article here.
Multiple wives – ok now I know I already mentioned this as a sub bullet of #1. But I can’t help but revisit this because if I was in love with the Prince, like truly madly deeply Savage Garden levels in love with the Prince, I would be bumming PRETTY HARD if he was sleeping around with anyone and everyone he wants and then ALSO marrying multiple women as well. And the fact that this is culturally acceptable as well… mmm… yeah I can’t really get down with that.
So alas! After looking at dozens of pictures (ok I admit WAY MORE than a dozen) and weighing the pros and cons, maybe being with the Prince isn't going to be all rainbows and fairy tales. That's why I've come to the conclusion that I shouldn't be with him romantically. The cons far outweigh the pros.
BUT, now that I think about it, I think I would rather just try to get a spot in his entourage. Makes the sense, no?